Earth & Spirit Council seeks a Program & Administrative Coordinator to help facilitate our work. We are looking for an organized, project-oriented, computer-savvy individual to help further our work and mission.
The Earth & Spirit Council (ESC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. Our mission is to reestablish individuals’ connection to the natural world.
Specifically, we're looking for assistance in these areas:
- Administrative duties
- Financial tracking & budgeting
- Program coordination & logistics
- Execution & distribution of advertising, PR & external communications
- Grant writing & reporting
- Experience working with a non-profit
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite or other layout/photo editing; Quickbooks experience a plus
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Ability to work with a content management system and build/administer content
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Experience in program management and event coordination
- Presenter/speaker communication & logistics (travel, housing, etc..)
- Event site logistics (Reservation, payment, communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Self-motivated – initiative to work independently with reliability
- Strong analytical skills, creative and flexible problem-solving
- Commitment to foster positive relationships with board members, volunteers, members and the community at large
- Strong commitment to the mission of ESC
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage e-mail, event announcements/reminders to board and other office tasks
- Process payments and incoming revenue from events and donors
- Co-ordinate with board president to establish agenda for monthly board meetings
- Participate in and take notes for monthly board meetings
- Manage ESC and community event calendars
- Manage the Council’s website including regular updates, layout and content changes, troubleshooting problems
- Financial tracking & bookkeeping, knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Work in conjunction with outreach & development coordinator to produce & distribute external communications, including e-newsletter, website, social media, radio, community boards, etc)
- Produce annual report to board
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading content for various publications
- Identify and implement operating systems and practices that support the ongoing mission and work of the Council
- Grantwriting and grant management and reporting
This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) position with the opportunity to engage in life-sustaining work. Salary $15-17/hour, depending on experience.
If you have questions or are interested and capable, email us at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and your current resume.
Deadline: July 3, 2015.